Dearest children
2 days ago, we heard of a friend in his 60s suddenly died of heart attack. In fact your dad just had dinner with him a month ago when he came down to Singapore.
This businessman drank & smoked excessively and many times, he mocked at God & denied his presence. He was careless with his words especially when he said, " Die? die lah!"
I make it a habit to read daily, the book of Proverbs, & each chapter will coincide with today's date and in one month, I would have completed 31 chapters, alright sometimes, I have to read 2 chapters 30 & 31 on 30th of the month. For the last few chapters of Proverbs, I kept reading about the fool, the wicked and the man who is stiff-necked will suddenly be destroyed - without remedy.
And I thought of this businessman who lived a reckless lifestyle and now he is gone & forever in the 'pit of fire' with no chance of remedy.
We have to be careful about how we live coz we reap what we sow.
Galatians 6:7-8
"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature (carousal) will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit (obedience), from the Spirit will reap eternal life."
This is a grim reminder. Life is short, let's live well so we can stand confidently, unashamedly before God when we meet Him at the end of our lives.
With much Love
Mum xx