Dearest Tab & Champ
Last Saturday, after daddy & I finished a session on Family & Marriage, I ministered to this particular lady who had many past issues.
One impression that I got from the holy spirit while praying for her was that God wanted her to be a spiritual mentor or spiritual mother to the young people whom God will put in her life. She was very shocked to hear it for the third time. Apparently, this was prophesized to her by two different people, one a visiting pastor and the other a missionary. Without thinking, I told her she has not followed up with what God had told her. She was still indulging in her past hurts for years. She has not 'moved out' & her condition has driven her son away from her.
Coincidentally, a couple of weeks ago, a close friend explained to me why she took many years to get over her terrible pains of rejection and abuse. It was her comfort zone to dwell in her rejection & self pity. In other words, she was 'comfortable' with her past although she hated it. She fed on self-pity, if you know what I mean. Self pity is a terrible spirit & it wont let you go. Another outward response from her was anger & she often took out her frustrations on others. She went from relationship to relationship until the spirit of rejection ultimately isolated her. It had a boomerang effect; in the end, she got back what she dished out and the cycle of rejection was repeated.
In fact when the psycho-analyst told her to make a decision to move out of her comfort zone & be healed, she cried for 1 night before deciding to go for inner healing. Although I felt it was ridiculous of her to dwell in her past for so long, she explained a hurt person will not have the 'sound' mind of a normal person to think it was ridiculous. Even if that person wanted to move out, she under the influence of the spirit of rejection will find it hard to do so unless she says she strongly wants to move out! No wonder we had conflicts & arguments in the process of her being healed.
I am really glad my friend is healed completely today. Phew! It look a while but there... she made it!!
As long as the person is not willing to say yes, she will still be in bondage, just like the Israelites who would rather remain as slaves in Egypt to live comfortably than travel to the promised land which God had promised to bless them, but, they have to make the effort to travel there and drive out the enemies in the land.
Even Jesus asked that crucial question in John 5:2-9 when He saw a lame man who had been lying at a place for 38 years. vs 6 " When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do you want to get well?" When I first read this, I thought it was odd for Jesus to ask that question. Of course, a lame man wants to be healed in order that he can walk!!
Looking back at the some of the people who had crossed my path, I recalled that not every 'disabled' person (emotionally, mentally or physically) wants to be healed. If the lame man is healed, he has to find a job & earn a living. He can no longer depend on others to give him money. After all, it is comfort zone not to be doing any work!
That was quite a revelation - the part where the person in bondage has to say, Yes I'm willing to move out of my past and go forward as a renewed man.
Psalms 32:8-10 " I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the wicked (wicked here means not following the Lord's ways or direction), but the Lord's unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in him."
God takes such special up-close and special care of us. He is good all the time.
With Love from Canada
Mum
