Hey,
I am back again!
I want to record this down before I forget. 2 weeks before the last July Encounter, I experienced a very sharp pain in my left knee at the side. I didnt fall or knock into anything hard. It just happened. I was already limping but by the next day, I could not walk because the pain became worse. I rested at home since I could not walk but in the middle of the night, I suddenly woke up with an excruciating pain in my side knee. It lasted for an hour before I could go back to sleep. Now I can really identify how painful arthritis can be!
The next morning (which was the 3rd day), I was still limping. By evening at around 5pm, the pain went off just as suddenly as it came. My friends said I may have knee problem but I never had it for more than 10 years since the Lord healed me.
Ps Marilyn said that she felt the experience I had, had spiritual significance. God was saying that he wanted to either heal those with knee problems or deliver those who were not walking right with God at the Encounter.
Well, Encounter came. During one of the ministry sessions, I had a sense that I should be approaching this particular lady to pray for her. She told me about her divorce and how it had affected her 13 year old son. He has severe arthritis & at such a young age! The pain always centres around the knee area. Isnt it miraculous that God led me to meet her? I told her I had the knee pain exactly at the same spot her son had.
This lady has abnormal early menopause, ie, she did not have menses for 6 months already and her doc diagnosed her condition as pre-menopause. This is impossible as she is only in her mid 30s. All that bitterness, anger, rage & rejection which is a spiritual state, had caused a physical infirmity.
I told her that if she wants to be healed and see her son healed, there is a condition. She had to think about the people who had injured them either through word or deed. She must encourage herself & her son to get rid of all bitterness & unforgiveness in exchange for their healing. They would have to get that right with God. She was willing & although I dont see her anymore, I like to believe that God has done his healing work.
In another session, a lady came up to me for prayer. She had the same problems - her husband wants to leave her, didnt treat her right, victimized her emotionally & verbally. It was a long ministry session as her hurts were very deep. Next I had to deal with her migraine. It comes & it goes, every day, and it can be really painful. As far as I know, the spiritual root problem is that it is triggered by guilt resulting from conflict in her life in conjunction with fear.
It is not the conflict itself that she is having that triggers the migraine. It is the conflict that she has with herself (within herself) over the conflict that she has with someone, God or with life that triggers the migraine, either real or imagined. So my friend & I helped her to overcome her own guilt because she felt the breakdown in her marriage was her own doing. Just to clarify not every migraine is spiritual. One can have a bad headache because of work or stress but if it is in a prolonged state & if the person has unresolved issues, then you know it is a spiritual sickness.
I think Christians must realise they have to help themselves defeat spiritual diseases. Through the years, God has shown me insights into why people have disease. It is not that God cannot heal or that He doesnt want to; the problem is that man doesnt understand disease. Many have been trapped by diseases & are dying because of either a lack of knowledge or just no knowledge at all. From scriptures & by practical discernment, one can unearth many spiritual roots & blocks to healing.
I am not advocating that one should not take medicine or seek medical help when there is a sickness. I hope you will never do that because healing will only come when a person has faith & if faith is not there, then that sick person has to continue taking the medicine. What I am saying is that there is a more excellent way to healing & we must ALSO pay attention to it - the spiritual side.
For example, colon cancer is believed to have deep roots in bitterness & slander with the tongue. This disease can also be inherited, & if you were to look at a family which has a long history of colon disease, you will discover family conflict where there are unresolved bitterness, unresolved antagonism & words of frustration and anger. These can cause damage throughout successive generations.
I hope I have given you an insight into this area of importance.
Proverbs 14:30 says, "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."
OK, Good night children, I am sleepy now.
Love Mum