I think you may not have time to visit FCBC website to realise that more than half of the church is doing their QT based on a book called Living Life from Duranno.com.
Today, 1 Oct, is the start of our daily devotional based on 1 Chron 27:1-34. It lists the monthly duties of the officers of each tribe. These long lists may seem boring but it tells me that God is a God of details. He is interested in each one of us personally.
Yet we do not depend on these details to lead us but allow the God of details to lead us in every areas of our lives. As I meditate on this passage, I remembered an incident that happened in a cell that I led in the late 1990s. I had a nasty fall a few days before cell on Friday. To me, the fall was something insignificant; I only care for the larger more significant things in my life. My only concern was the dreadful little scar that would appear on my knee after healing. I did not even tell daddy!
After worship, I encouraged the cell members to listen to God for a Word, vision or a tongue to be released for the group's edification. A member responded by saying that "someone in the group had a fall but she thinks it's only a small thing and not important at all but God wants her to know that He is interested in her, even in the minute details of her life."
I was stumped! How could she have known I had a fall? I didnt tell anyone. By the way, I wore jeans which covered the wound. I almost wanted to cry .. to think that God could be so personal.
So my dears, God is interested in the details of your life. Nothing that you ask in prayer is unimportant or silly. You can even pray for the rain to stop coz you have an important outing or you can pray for that pimple on your face to go away.
The application for today's QT is : Do you allow God into the details of your life? Sometimes we compartmentalise God, giving Him only Sundays. Give God ownership of all your life.
Trusting God with you for your future,
Mum