Saturday, October 17, 2009

Being Led...Part 3

Tab & Cal,

I spoke about God leading us by what we call the still small voice. But He also leads us by the voice of the Spirit of God speaking to us.

Number 3 way : The Inward Voice of the Holy Spirit

The difference between the inward voice of the Holy Spirit and that still small voice speaking to our spirit is that the voice of the Holy Spirit is more authoritative. Sometimes it's so real that it almost seems like someone is talking to you in the room but then you realise it was in you.

Remember in the OT how Samuel as a young boy heard a voice call his name, "Samuel, Samuel?" He thought the priest Eli was calling him. After the 3rd time, although Eli did not hear God's voice but it dawned on him that it was God who was calling Samuel. So the next time it happened, Samuel answered that voice and God spoke further with him (1 Sam 3).

Back to the story, I had spoken to CM that I would pray for her on Sun. That week itself was also the Women's Encounter (EW). I told my leaders that I would go to the EW to help them on Sat and the whole of Sun. So focused was I on the EW, that I had totally forgotten I had to pray for CM on Sun.

On Sat morning when I woke up, I had a sudden sharp pain that shot right through my neck and shoulders while on the bed. The pain was so intense that I had to slowly turn over to daddy's side to ask him to pray for the pain to go away. Immediately, the pain left when he prayed. Simultaneously, as I called out CM's name in my head, I heard..."Arent you suppose to pray for CM this Sun and yet you are going for EW tmr?" The voice was distinct and authoritative.

That experience left quite an indelible impression on me. Well, on Sun I prayed for her verbatim using the scripture vs. She claimed her knees were healed coz there was no pain when she deliberately 'work out' her legs @ the gym. Her neck & shoulder pain lessened tremendously. But God hadnt finished with her, 2 weeks later in church, God touched both her & her husband. God's presence was so strong; the pain came back and then went off, with her crying out to God. Right there and then, she settled the grievances in her heart against her husband with GOd. Now, I can see a closer relationship with her spouse.

The reason why Spirit-filled believers continually make mistakes and fail to hear is because our spirits which should guide us, are kept 'locked away in prison'. Knowledge & intellect have taken the throne. It's a sad thing that most of us have not been taught to listen to our spirits. If we dont, we will become crippled in life and become an easy prey to selfish and designing people.

People have heard 'voices' and have all kinds of revelations. In the end, it didnt turn out right and got themselves into an awful mess. They became disillusioned and blamed God instead! You can and should judge spiritual experiences by the Word. 1Thess 5:21 says "Test Everything."

Always remember that the bible teaches that the Spirit of God and the Word of God agree. Anytime the Spirit of God speaks to you, it will ALWAYS be in line with the Word.

Sure, there are times when I do receive visions and dreams. It is not frequent. Be content, if it is all you ever have, to follow the inward witness (the primary way). Educate, train and develop your human spirit so that the inward witness becomes more and more real to you.

Ezekiel 36:26-27 "A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you; and
I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you..."

We serve A Great & Living God, Love Mum