Monday, January 17, 2011

What Will It Take To Make You Happy

Dearest children
I was reading an article about a frequent business traveller who loves to talk to taxi drivers who take him from the airport to the hotel, a convention centre or a restaurant.


Most often, taxi drivers in America are immigrants with interesting personal histories and unusual cultural backgrounds.  This businessman would often ask them how long they've been in America, how they chose which city to live in & what they like best about where they live.


On one trip, he asked a taxi driver the same questions and then he finally arrived at this question, "If you could live anywhere in the world, & if money was no object, where would you live?"


Without hesitating even for a minute, the taxi driver replied, "I live in my heart.  So it doesnt really matter where my body lives.  If I am happy inside, then I live in paradise, no matter where my residence is."


That driver is absolutely correct!  Happiness is an inside job.  But I like to add that if that's where you live - in your heart - then joy & happiness will come coz Christ lives in there.   He is the true giver of Joy. If you cant find happiness or joy inside yourself, you cant find it on the outside no matter where you go or who you are with.  So wherever you go, take Christ with you!


Revelation 3:20  Jesus said, "Here I am! I stand at the door & knock.  If anyone hears my voice & opens the door, I will come in & eat with him & he with me."


That door is your heart!


je t'aime
Mum