Thursday, November 4, 2010

How To Recognise the EFFECTS of a Curse

Hi children


It's good that I write about this topic.. I can revise through my notes & slides before I teach this Sat.  EW starts on Friday evening.  However, I am not able to write everything; I'm going to choose parts of it & make it simple for you to understand.  There are so many stories to tell, all of which are real.  The people have given permission to share, nevertheless, I shall not reveal any names.  


All the effects of a curse written in Deut 28 can be classified into 8 categories.


(1)  Mental Disorder
vs 28 talks about madness, confusion of mind, despairing heart, constant suspense, schizophrenia, hallucination, paranoia, senility & retardation.  These are the thoughts that are continually taunting the individuals - egs "You are losing control.. There is no hope for you.. Your mother ended up in a mental institution & you'll be next."


My friend's, whom I've done a deliverance years ago, family suffers from anxiety attacks & this has gone down to the 4th generation ie her nieces & nephews.  The anxiety attacks & fear started when her grandmother's house was burned down.  Physically, the house was burnt down.  Supernaturally, at that moment, a door was opened for spirits of anxiety & great fear to enter her.  I call that a 'moment of weakness'.  My friend was paranoid about a lot of things esp sicknesses & germs.  Some of her uncles & aunties also suffer from anxiety attacks. One of her uncles would queue up at NTUC counters & if there were too many people moving about, he would suddenly panic & run out of NTUC without his goods.  He couldnt drive as he was paranoid about motorists coming too close to him. Her niece from another aunty suffers from constant suspense too. Once I prayed for her at the EW.  She couldnt take the prayer & her eyeballs rolled up!  That was really scary.


Of course my friend is healed but she has to constantly keep close to God to keep her deliverance.  There are many many mental cases & through the EW, many were healed, some not immediately but subsequent follow up enabled the person to be healed eventually.


(2)  Chronic Sickness
vs 27 talks about festering sores, incurable itch, tumours.  I personally know a family with a history of colon diseases affecting only the males.  At that time, the sons' father had just passed away with colon cancers. Their grandfather & uncle died from the same disease.  One of my girlfriends goes for breast checkup yearly & she told me all the female members in her family (incl aunties & nieces) never fail to go for breast checkup yearly as breast cancers often dominate the ladies for generations.


(3)  Infertility & Miscarriage
Barrenness is a curse.  Infertility is an inability to conceive & there is a tendency to miscarriage or problematic births, eg an umbilical cord around the baby's neck.  Abortion can cause a curse to come upon a person.  I have noticed that when mothers abort their unborn babies, the curse of infertility comes down to their daughters.


(4)  Recurring Pattern of Sin & Misfortune
There are families where divorce is common amongst siblings & relatives, gambling, promiscuity among family members & countless cases of bankruptcy.  Your grandfather and great grandfather suffered from bankruptcy.  So when your dad went for EW, he had to break that curse of bankruptcy to end this endless cycle of financial turmoil.


(5)  Poverty
vs 17 says your basket & kneading trough will be cursed.  When there's poverty, it means that a person cannot make ends meet. Egs are mounting medical bills, car repairs, & unexpected retrenchments pop up unexpectedly.  This happened to one of our cell members sometime back.  Whenever there is retrenchment, you can bet with your last dollar it'll be him!  We had to break that twice I think coz he could have allowed his past fear to come over him.


(6)  Misery
Everything is well yet the person is always feeling miserable.  I just heard someone who was financially stable with a good job committed suicide because she could not overcome her depression.


(7)  Accidents
Have you heard of this typical comment?  "Why does it always happen to me?"  It may be a person breaking his leg 3 times in 18 months, or a surgeon's error on the operating table resulting in permanent disability.  My close friend had a small medical tool left in her womb by a surgeon. It was miraculous that no infection set in.  The surgeon found the tool during her caesarean section for her 2nd child.


(8)  Young & Sudden Death
A curse that takes this form affects not only the individual but a whole family.  These people never live to see 45.  Egs are Bruce Lee & his son & the Kennedy family in the states. A guy gets run over by a car & he wasnt even standing on the road!


Curses can work against Christians if they are rebellious, out of the will of God or not walking in faith & love.  However, if you walk where God wants you to, a hundred curses against us would just bounce off & would do you no harm. You know why?  You have to fulfill your destiny that God has given you.  Until you have fulfilled your destiny, you will remain 'invincible'.


Psalm 91:5-7  "You will not fear the terror of night nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you."


Inoculate yourself with Psalm 91 whenever you are fearful.  I do this for all of us.  I challenge you to memorise the entire Ps 91, which I did for myself.  Use it as a weapon of prayer; change the pronouns to 'I' when you pray.


Hugs, Mum