Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Word!


My Dears

I want to share what's in my heart. Remember the Word of God is important above all else.

Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living & active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul & spirit, joints & marrow; it judges the thoughts & attitudes of the heart."

John 14:4 "You may ask me for anything in MY NAME and I will do it."
 
 

The Word of God is life changing & dynamic as it works in us. With the incisiveness of a surgeon's knife, God's Word reveals who we are & what we are not. If only Christians realise the power of God's Word, they would have supernatural peace & joy amidst the chaos around them.

I met this lady who has been a Christian for 2 years but she has yet to taste victory in her life. When she came to see me, her damaged self-image seemed beyond repair. She was put under a curse by a sorceress whose son she had offended many years ago. It seems that the sorceress does not intend to let her go and almost every day & night, my friend has to endure severe itch caused by invisible worms crawling all over her. The sorceress has performed a form of witchcraft using voodoo. You can pour worms over the doll which represents my friend & through spoken evil words, the curse will take place. There is no power in the dolls, curses come to pass because of the demonic power that is operating through the person speaking forth the curses.

This curse can be broken by using God's Word to defeat the demonic forces and by believing in your heart that it will happen. Apparently it did not work on her becoz she likes to talk about defeat & lament that it's no use praying. She has more faith in satan's authority & power than in God's! Moreover in prayer, she uses the Word more like a 'charm' to ward off evil spirits. I recognise that this is satan's constant manipulation of men's minds as in previous past cases, & that is the 1st area I have to deal with so that her mind will be freed & able to digest what the Word of God says.

At 1 of my recent CNY steamboat gatherings, I met a troubled guy (happened to sit beside me) who after discovering Peter & I are marriage instructors & counsellors, he told me that he has a lot of problems with his present 'wife' (they are not married) with whom he has a baby daughter now. His 'wife' has 4 children from a previous marriage & she is now going through a divorce which he's not sure if her marriage was legal in the 1st place. I feel so sorry for this guy coz he just cannot handle his emotions anymore. As a result, he slashed himself. He showed me the cuts on his arms. They were deep but healed.

A couple came to visit us last night to arrange for solemnization. His fiancee spoke about their problems they have with his 2 teenage sons from a previous marriage. Life has been tough. The man could not talk coz of the pain. I saw him wipe away his tears twice.

These people are people we do not know. We hope that by helping them, we will introduce to them the greatest love & healer of all, and that is, Jesus Christ when all else fails. Of course, we know all other ways will fail eventually except God. The only way is to go through a personal Encounter with God.

Today my QT talks about faith-filled prayer. We must look to the Mountainer Mover - God. We should not look at our own mountain that just would not move : a destructive habit, a character flaw, an impossible marriage or work situation, a financial problem or a physical disability. My QT reading taken from John 11:17-27 challenge me to shift the focus of my prayer. I should not spend a lot of time describing my mountain to God. He already knows what it is. Instead from now on, I will take that extra time to focus my attn on Jesus, the Mountain Mover.

So children, focusing your attn on Jesus will mean reading the bible & that's where He will speak to you.

What is your immovable mountain? Shift your attn to the Mountain Mover and then watch your mountain step aside.

Isaiah 41:10 "Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you & help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

With lots of Love,
Mum