Dear BIG little Chungs
To you CHUNGS and all those brave souls who have the courage to make difficult or major decisions and remain focused in your decisions, I dedicate this page to you!
I was pondering over a major decision that I made years ago when I was pregnant with u Calvin and Tabby was only 2+. It was to quit my job and stay home to look after the both of you. It didnt sound to me like it was going to be very exciting back then... doing housework, changing diapers, going to the market, cooking to feed all the hungry bodies in the house 24/7.. well almost. No more interesting interaction with adults, be in the know in the corporate world and opportunities to advance in my career. As much as I disliked staying at home, I must say that was the wisest decision that I had ever made.
Child-rearing is demanding, difficult & discouraging. But it is not impossible! And it is worth every bit of sacrifice & effort. As daddy and I glance back over our shoulders & pick out the most important achievements of our past, nothing comes close to the joys of rearing both of you. Was it easy, free of conflict & consistently rewarding especially during the teenage years? No. Did it require flexibility, availability, sacrifice & cooperation? You bet. Still does.
Never overlook the obvious - the nature & direction of your life change the instant you decide what goals you want to pursue. I could not imagine how both of you would turn out if I had decided to work full time or overtime. If I had decided I wanted to marry someone else & look at his life now, my spiritual life would have been stale and not enjoy the blessings & protection my intimacy with God has now brought me. Your dad has helped me in many ways to grow as a Christian & for that I'm grateful.
You seal your destiny with the choices/decisions you make. Wise decisions come from God and your quality of life is a direct reflection of the quality of your decisions!
Risks & costs accompany every decision but it's better to make a decision than none at all. When it comes to decisiveness, squatters have no rights. A decision is never made once. A decision to lose weight or to cut off a harmful habit must be remade everytime you feel hungry or tempted to fall into that bad habit. FOCUS then is the glue that holds your decision in place. Focus is a mental pic of something that you want. The most important aspect of focus is single-mindedness.
Over the years, I had to refocus repeatedly on my decision to build a strong family-God's way whenever staying at home was mundane. I could do that for almost 20yrs partly because God gave me a successful home-based business. Most important, I could commit unwaveringly because I love my family.
Decision & Focus - they feed off each other. Decision makes focus possible. Focus makes decision easier. They make me and you successful in life. Whenever you need to make a choice in your career, your marriage partner or walking with God all your life no matter what, just remember that DECISION & FOCUS do make a lovely couple !
Proverbs 24:3-4 "By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding, it is
established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare & beautiful treasures."
Much Love
Mummy