Monday, March 29, 2010

Sugar and Spice

Something to smile about.  Below, you'll find some decoding of the unspoken language between husband and wife.

Reading between his lines  -

1)  "Yes, I'll quit my bad habit.. soon."
He's really thinking : This should keep her quiet for awhile because it shows that I'm willing to try. Hopefully, she'll stop at that and give up asking.

2)  "Not tonight, I'm tired."
He's really thinking : I'm not in the mood or There's an English Premier League on tonight. 
However, if he's intentionally avoiding this topic frequently, he may have physical or psychological concerns.

3)  "I'm hungry."
He means : I'm hungry.

4)  "What's wrong?" (1st time)
He means :  I dont see why you are making such a big deal out of this.

5)  "What's wrong?" (2nd time)
He means :  What meaningless self-inflicted psychological trauma are you going thru now?

6)  "What's wrong?"  (3rd time)
He means :  I guess sex tonight is out of the question.     

7)  "Nothing much.."
He's really thinking : Simply, nothing much.  
However, if he says in a forceful & angry tone, it may mean, "I dont want to talk about my problem." 

 

Reading between her lines  -

1)  "Nothing..."
She's really thinking : You've been an idiot and you'd better say sorry before I walk out.

2)  "It's your decision."
She means : The correct decision should be obvious by now.


3)  "Do what you want."
She means :  You'll pay for this later.


4)  "How much do you love me?"
She means :  I did something today you're really not going to like.


5)  "All we're going to buy is a soap dish."
She means :  It goes without saying that we're stopping at the cosmetic dept, the shoe dept, I need to look at a few new towels,  those blue sheets would look great in the bedroom, and did you bring your cheque book?

6)  "I'm sorry" (reluctant and angry tone)
She means :  You'll be sorry.
  

7)  "You're certainly attentive tonight."
She means : Is sex all you ever think about?

Genesis 1:27  "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God, He created him; male and female He created them."

Romans 15:7  "Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you in order to bring praise to God.